Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

More On Purses

We had some errands to run this morning and while out & about, we stopped at Borders bookstore and look what I found:

Handbags Book

This is the most delightful little book on the history of handbags and purses! It's about 450 pages and is loaded with gorgeous color photos of handbags from pre-1890's through now. Of course I'm most attracted to the embroidered and beaded bags but even the Lucite and Bakelite handbags are interesting to look at.

It's a wonderful reference book for the collecter and a great source of inspiration for the needleworker and purse designer! Also, if you just like to look at photos of pretty purses, this book is loaded with eye-candy!

I found this book over in the Antique & Collectible section if anyone is interested in checking it out.

And speaking of purses, here's an update photo of my green & yellow purse:

Green Purse

I did more beading on the ribbon. I used yellow silver-lined seed beads on the points of the Fan Stitches. That adds alot of sparkle without being distracting.

I then added a SRE spray which still needs to be beaded. Yes, this another rare piece for me as I don't do alot of SRE! I had wanted to do the leaves with ribbon too but I didn't have any ribbons in green. I think I'll contact Pat Winter and see if she'll put together a small custom package of green ribbons for me.

I don't think I'll have time for a blog post tomorrow. Scott & I are going to drive up to Galena, Illinois for the day. It's a 2 hour drive so we'll have to leave at 7 am to make it worth the drive time and we probably won't get back until about 5 or 6 tomorrow evening. We really love it up there so we decided to do a nice day trip and spend some time looking in the shops.

For now, I'm off to start painting a huge mound of vintage crocheted lace for my Etsy shop. I have all sorts of neat new things to list and hope to have everything ready for listing later this week.

See you on Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
Glad to hear you are feeling better and are out and about.
I think I like this purse best. It's so lite and cheery looking. What did you use for the flowers on the left? June

Gina E. said...

What a coincidence! I spent a couple of hours in Borders here in Melbourne today! We have a few Borders bookshops in Melbourne, but none close to me, so I collected a girlfriend and we drove across town to spend the afternoon browsing. What a super shop it is!
By the way Pam, I have left a thank you message on my blog to you for the mags. you have been sending. "Happy Holidays" arrived today and it is just gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails