Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Peacock Feather Pattern


Peacock Feather
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
One of my readers asked me how I do the feathers on my peacock blocks. I thought I'd go ahead and post this pattern again for those who missed it a couple of weeks ago.

I trace it onto tissue paper, pin it in place on the block and embroider it using 2 strands of cotton floss and 1 strand of Kreinik Blending Filament.

Too keep the tissue paper from shredding as I stitch, I try to use a beading needle but it can be challenging to thread with 3 strands. Just try to use the smallest needle possible.

When stitching is complete, carefully tear away the tissue paper from under the stitches. I usually have to use a pin to get some of it out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails