Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Crocheting on Rick Rack

It wasn't until earlier this year that I became aware of the art of crocheting on rick/rack. I had never seen it before or even heard of it until I bought a boxful of lace at a flea market. At the time, I really didn't think that much of it. I just washed and pressed everything and put it in the lace drawer for use someday on a crazy quilt.

After reading my post yesterday, Linda did a search and found this article on crocheting on rick/rack at about.com.

If you look closely at the photo there, you'll see that the pattern matches the one I posted yesterday.

Here are 2 more pieces in my lace collection:

Lace4

On the small piece, the rick/rack is woven and then crocheted on. I think these are really interesting. I'll have to go through my collection (and yes Gina, I do have quite the collection of lace now not mention fabric, beads, buttons and other do-dads) and see if I have any others.

Linda, I'm sorry, I don't have any darker paper here at the moment. I'll try to pick some up over the weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Pam - that paper is coming up mauve on my screen - and it is much better - I think it does the trick. Thank you. :)

Isn't it fascinating how you can find almost anything on the net now.

Just looking at the top one, is that two pieces of rick rack twisted together - I can't remember if it was you who showed us that trick - I think it may have been someone making an apron months ago - twist rick rack together and it looks like that.

Faascinating. More, more, more! (but only when you get time). It is lovely.

Gina E. said...

This is so interesting! I don't think I have ever come across rick rack embellished like that, but I probably wouldn't have recognised it as such, not being an expert on crochet techniques. Aren't some people clever, to think of doing that? It must be very fiddly to work, but again, I think tatting and lace-making looks fiddly too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails