Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, January 27, 2022

McHenry Landmark Crazy Quilt Block 31

Progress continues on my McHenry Illinois Landmark Crazy Quilt.  I've completed Block #31.  This building was originally known as the Fox Pavilion.  A dance hall built in 1931 to replace the original dance hall which burned down in shortly before this one was built:

This building eventually became McHenry's Roller Skating Rink.  Sadly, it burned down in May of 2021.

I have 9 more blocks to do for this quilt.  It's been a huge project, trying to preserve the memories of our landmarks here in McHenry, Illinois where I live.

Here is the entire quilt so far:

I've been working on this since December 2017.  The blocks are 9 inches and I'm working it in a traditional Victorian style using muted fabric colors.  All lace that I use are either vintage or antique.  The only embellishments are a few Mother Of Pearl buttons to create the spider that appears on each block.

I chart the lettering out in my cross stitch pattern software and stitch it on the block using waste canvas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails