Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cellphone Pouch And More Vintage Lace

I started some beading on this little cellphone pouch:

Green Cellphone Pouch

I really like the way the stitching looks all in one color. The reason I wanted to experiment with this is because last week, I sewed up a larger block that feels a bit wild to me. The fabrics looked great until I had it all sewn up and now, it seems a bit too "all over the map". I'm thinking that using all white thread will help bring it all together. When I get to it, I'll blog that project so you can follow my progress.

I expect to complete the green pouch later today. For now, I have another batch of vintage lace to paint:

Lace

This batch is quite old! I would definately say pre-30's on 90% of it. There's are lots of small pieces and some nice motifs in here. I'll be putting it together in "variety packs". In the meantime, I'm off to paint!

3 comments:

Susan said...

One of the things I like about the one-color thread, now that you are adding the beads, is that the bead colors show up better. I can actually see where the stitching and the beads are, separately, instead of a mush of design, as mine always are.

Oh, variety packs - yum! You know I'm such a sucker for lace! Here I am trying to be good about not spending, and there you are, tempting me, taking food out of the mouth of my babies. Oh, no, wait, that was 30 years ago! LOL!

Susan said...

One of the things I like about the one-color thread, now that you are adding the beads, is that the bead colors show up better. I can actually see where the stitching and the beads are, separately, instead of a mush of design, as mine always are.

Oh, variety packs - yum! You know I'm such a sucker for lace! Here I am trying to be good about not spending, and there you are, tempting me, taking food out of the mouth of my babies. Oh, no, wait, that was 30 years ago! LOL!

allie aller said...

Pam, have you mentioned anywhere what kind of paint you use on your lace? Curious minds want to know...

Related Posts with Thumbnails