Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Idle Hands....


Vogart 3
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
are the devil's workshop! That's what my grandmother used to tell me when I was little. Perhaps that's where my need to stitch comes in.

I did do some stitching on my peacock quilt yesterday. I mentioned a few weeks back that it's too big for the scanner. We have the camera out right now so when I have a few free moments, I'll take a picture of it.

Anyway, I did some stitching and it felt good. If all goes well, maybe I can have an hour or two later to work on it.

Another verse from an antique sampler that just popped into my mind is this:

"This needlework of mine may tell,
that when a child I learned well
and by my elders I was taught
not to spend my time for naught."

I always liked that verse and used it on a marriage sampler for my living room a few years back.

Today, I've scanned 2 more of my newest vintage transfers from Sherry. These are just so cool! Why does life have to get in the way when there's so much to stitch?!!!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

PEACOCK QUILT??!! Magic words to my ears! Dying to see progress on this one, Pam! I have bought some more peacock embroidered items on eBay recently, from the USA. Beats me why I can never find them anywhere else. Looks like Americans are the only people that truly appreciate these beautiful birds enough to want to embroider them...

Related Posts with Thumbnails