Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Treasures

I hope everyone had a very nice holiday. My birthday and Christmas were both quite nice and much better than last year!

I wanted to share the lovely gifts I received from several of my friends in blog-land. I first saw these on Cathy's blog and absolutely loved them:

Marie Antoinette Art Doll

Mitten Ornaments

I left a messagefor Cathy, telling her how pretty they are. A few days later, I received a package in the mail from Cathy. Needless to say, I was blown away. They are so pretty and such treasures to me. Thank you very much Cathy!

A day later, I received these gorgeous vintage lace cuffs from Freda:

Vintage Lace Cuffs

Oh, I can see these with my black velvet blouse! These are lovely Freda, thank you so very much! They are in my treasure chest.

I actually do have a "treasure chest" that I keep my handmade gifts from my blog friends in. I'll have to share a photo of that with you. It's a box that DMC sent to me years ago and it's perfect for the special gifts that I've received.

I mentioned that Scott took me junkin' at the antique mall on my birthday. I hit the vintage embroidery transfer jackpot as well as the vintage cookie book jackpot:

Cookie Books

2 of these books were $3.00 and the others were only $1.00. There's one from 1924. That is quite interesting. In fact, my mom had to decipher a few things for me! Oh, back in the day!

I promised ya'll a photo of my mom's therapy dog with her santa hat on. Here's Santa Chooch:

Santa Chooch

Isn't she cute? I took about a dozen photos of her and this is the only one that wasn't blurry. I'm going print a bunch of copies of this photo, then mom and I are going to make little cards to take to the residents at the retirement center. They adore Chooch and we thought it would be nice to give them a photo of her next time we go.

In other news, here's a quick update on my Block #4 of my Garden Quilt:

Floral Crazy Quilt Block 4

Just a bit more beading to do and this one will be complete.

I'm feeling a bit more like myself but still rather scattered. I can't decide if I want to stitch now, or start on a few Valentine's or sit here and update my Kitty & Me Banner a bit. As I mentioned a few weeks back, I'm going to expand my Etsy shop and I thought it would be nice to add some flowers to my banner. I think I'll have some tea and a Clementine first and then I'll decide!

Finally for today, this is what we dealt with on Saturday:

Backyard Snow

This is a view of my house & deck from my backyard. Scott felt we needed a photo to remind us of the snow. Ha, ha, ha! I think not!

Well, that's all for today. Like I said, my mind is kind of scattered at the moment. I need to find a way to focus on something. Scott is taking me to JoAnn Fabrics tomorrow for a little shopping spree. To be honest, that's all I've done for the past week! After tomorrow, it's time to sit down and use my stuff.

Quick note to Alayna - thank you so much for your message! I'm glad to know that you were pleased with the Gingerbread Cookie recipe. I've tried several different Gingerbread recipes and that one is the absolute best!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Pam, great post as always. Just love the doggie photo, she looks gorgeous in her Santa hat. Do you think she empathises with the residents, she looks like a "senior citizen" herself, VBG. While everyone loves puppies I think older dogs are very calming, I just adore them.
Thanks for sharing, hope you have a Happy New Year.
Hooroo,
Christine.

annie said...

I am envious of your flea market finds,I love old patterns and pattern books and recipe books, I have a small restaurant, where I work 6 days a week and making deserts is one of my favorite chores. glad you had a better holiday and bday.

Jan said...

Chooch looks so like my Jazzy (Jasper - black lab)but jazzy wouldn't wear a hat !!!Onwards and upwards for 2010 - take care

Judy S. said...

Great photo of Chooch! Now I'm waiting to see one of all of your kitties. Happy New Year, Pam! Stay warm!

Gina E. said...

I guess you Northern Hemisphere people must get sick of us Southerners saying that about a white Christmas, but you people persist in posting those gorgeous photos that look just like Christmas cards!! We've had a lot of rain here lately, so everything is looking nice and green, but after a few days of heat, it will be all brown and dry again. And THAT does not look like Christmas cards..

Related Posts with Thumbnails