Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Snowing Here....

so I didn't try to go out today. I was going to run up to WalMart and then over to Mom's for awhile but decided it might be best to hang out at home. Scott called me a little while ago and said he would take me to WalMart in the truck when he gets home. What a great guy!

I put my cookie tray together to take over to Mom's for Christmas Eve, did a bit of cleaning (still have more to do) and then I stitched. I figured now is a good time to scan Block #4 so you can see it before I start adding the sparkle:

Floral Crazy Quilt Block 4

As you can see, this block has quite the combination of seam treatments on it. I was looking through my Judith Montano books the other day and decided to try a few of her techniques. The tufted flowers are from one of her books. They're not quite as fuzzy as I wanted them to be. I took a small nail brush and "scrubbed" them at bit. That seemed to fluff them up. It'll be fun to try these little flowers with different threads. Rayon threads might give me some nice results.

The Cretan stitch is one that has always eluded me. I've done it several times but until I started using waste canvas, I was never happy with how it came out. It was like my crazy mind just couldn't figure out how to do it. Well, once I started using waste canvas to do the Cretan stitch, I haven't had any more trouble with it. To learn more about my waste canvas technique, click here.

The blue SRE flower vine at the top was done with Carol Samples "Dream A Seam" templates. I think Carolyn at Evening Star Designs carries them. You might have to email her and ask. I bought my set from Carolyn a few years ago.

Well, that's where I'm at. Christmas Eve is two days away. I'm really looking forward to "junking" with my husband. Scott is going to take me to IHOP for Gingerbread pancakes (I have a slight weakness for Gingerbread) and then he's going to take me to the antique mall. Oh how I love my old junk!

I was thinking about a cross stitch design series for 2010. It occurred to me that a Biscornu Of The Month series might be fun. I may tinker around with that idea a little bit this afternoon. My Kitchenaid is screaming at me but I keep telling it that we're taking a little break at least until the weekend. Ha, ha, ha! Have a good afternoon & evening everyone! I'd better go clean something!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Pam - this is progressing nicely, but I have to admit I'm not a fan of those blue motifs on the right. They're competing with the pink roses, imho. Other than that, it's lovely (as usual). I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs, Cathy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another lovely block Pam! Hope you don't get too much snow because I know you hate it just as much as I do.

allie aller said...

I'm used to colors really popping off a black background...but they are set off in an entirely different way off your white ones...and the mood is so feminine and fresh. Just wonderful!

Judy S. said...

Pretty! I like the way you made the pink flowers. Is that silk ribbon? Have a nice holiday, Pam, and happy junking!

Pam said...

Hope you have a good Christmas Pam, and best wishes for 2010.

Sheila said...

Hi Pam, As usual it is beautiful. I just love to look at the blocks. I am a little addicted to biscornu's at the moment so I think that idea would be great for 2010.
Have a merry Christmas and fun junking.

Gina E. said...

Biscornus once a month??? Sounds fabulous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails