Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Update On Button Blocks

I finished up on this button block yesterday:

Button Block 13

After pulling the waste canvas out from under that leaf border at the top, I found that the leaves didn't show up well. The color I used looked fine before I started stitching. I solved the problem by outlining the leaves with 1 strand of DMC black embroidery floss. Now they show up just fine!

I was asked, "what is the best way to sew on buttons?" Well, I use 2 strands of bead thread and I go through each button several times. In fact, I use bead thread to attach almost everything. The only exception is for lace and trim. I use sewing thread in a coordinating color to attach those but for everything else, bead thread is the best choice. If sewing thread is used to attach beads and other do-dads, it will eventually loosen up due to the weight of the items whereas bead thread stays put!

This is my next block:

Button Block 14

I'm thinking of working the borders with burnt orange and rust. I have a beautiful new Watercolor thread from The Caron Collection and I think it will work nicely against these light yellow-greens.

2 comments:

patternnuts said...

The greens look gorgeous! My favorite shades!!!!!

Susan said...

The blue block is very pretty. I like your problem solving with the black thread. My favorite seam is the one in the lower left, though. The greens block will be pretty. I love the look of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails