Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Buttons & More Blocks

Well, ya'll knew a cat had show up on this quilt somewhere:

Button Block 11

As you can see, I turned the block. I liked the way the lace looked at the top. It also accommodated the cat button. He was the right color for this one so I went with it.

This will be my next block:

Button Block 12

I will be using my absolute most favorite button on here:

Pierrot And Pierrette Button

This came in a jar of buttons that I bought years ago. At the time, I had no idea it was collectible and worth a few dollars. Of course my mom always says, "nothing is worth anything if you aren't willing to sell it!" How true is that!

Anyway, I love buttons (apparently) and bought this book on Antique & Collectible Buttons by Debra Wisniewski a few years ago:

Button Book 2

My button is not in mint condition. It's a bit tarnished but I don't care. It's called Pierrot And Pierrette. It reminds me of the opera Carmen which was the first opera I ever saw in person. My mom and grandmother took me to see Carmen at the Opera House in downtown Chicago when I was about 8 years old. Since it reminds me of Carmen, I thought this button would work well on this black & red block.

Here is the button as it is pictured in the book:

Button Book 1

If you like buttons like I like buttons, you might want to check out that book. Even if you just like to look at pictures of buttons, this book is loaded with visual gems!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why you want to use your special button in your latest quilt block. Red and black = Valentine's Day = Romance! Looking forward to seeing the finished block!

Judy S. said...

That's a very cool button....like the cat one, too.

Those antique buttons can fetch quite a price. The last time we were in Portland at Josephine's I watched a woman pay $85 for just 1 button!

Susan said...

What a neat thing to find your button in the book! It is a special looking button. I'm sure you've giving it a prominent spot in the block!

Related Posts with Thumbnails