Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Vintage Embroidery Design - Cornucopia

Again, when I finished up on my computer yesterday, I curled up in my chair with my books and just read until Scott came home from work. I'm eager to get to some more stitching but it feels so good to just sit and read too.

So, since I don't have any stitching to share again today, I thought I would offer you another pattern from my extensive collection of vintage iron-on embroidery transfers:

Cornucopia Embroidery Design

Again, I chose this one because it's appropriate for the current season. This came from a pack of Artex Transfers. This would be lovely worked all in red (Redwork), or Crayon Tinted and then embroidered. See yesterday's post for the link to my Crayon Tinting tutorial.

Kris asked me if crayon tinting was washable. Yes, it is but only to a certain extent. Today's crayons don't contain as much pigment as they did back in the early 20th century so I wouldn't use it on something that would be washed constantly but a few washings should be ok. If you intend to do it on something that you want to wash, be sure to make your coloring quite heavy and heat-set it well with your iron.

In other news, I want to mention to my Christmas Mystery stitcher's, that Part 2 will be uploaded tomorrow morning around 6:30 a.m. Central time. Use the link that I sent to you last week to access the Christmas Mystery album on my Flickr site. If you need me to resend the link to you, just drop me an email and I'll get that out right away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about this kind of embroidery and never heard about tinting it.
But I like your tinted mermaid cushion.
What kind of crayons do I have to use?
Pastels, oil crayons, or another one?

Kirsten

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Kirsten, I just use plain old Crayola Crayons. I have used pastels on somethings for vintage embroidery designs, Crayola's work just fine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails