Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Flea Market Find

In Sunday's post, I mentioned that we were heading out to a flea market that day. It didn't turn to be terribly grand but I did find a huge pack of vintage embroidery transfers:

Transfer Pack

These are from the Superior Transfer Company. It isn't marked Superior but it has the iron on it which is their logo. Anyway, this pack is complete with only 2 sheets cut but all pieces are here and none of these are in my collection! A really nice find!

I don't have any stitching to share with you today. I bought a few books over the weekend so I curled up in my chair yesterday afternoon and just read until Dancing With The Stars came on. I love that show!

Anyway, I thought you would enjoy having one of the patterns from my new "vintage transfer" pack:

Transfer Fruit Basket

Being that it's Harvest Time and that Thanksgiving is coming up, this one seems to be a nice choice. Click on the image to go to my Flickr site where you can view and print the large version. I use a lightbox but you can tape it to a window and then using a washout blue pen, trace the design onto muslin or quilter's cotton. This pattern would be great for Crayon Tinting!

Enjoy everyone!

Quick note: here's the link to the Crayon Tinting Tutorial that I wrote last Summer.

7 comments:

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Thanks Pam for sharing such beautiful pattern!

Kris said...

can I ask how would I begin to do "crayon tinting?" I love the look of it.. is it washable too?

thanks for any info you can share...

Kris

Pamela Kellogg said...

Hi Kris,

Here's a link to the tutorial I wrote on it last Summer. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Pam

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oops, it helps if I add the link!

http://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/2006/08/directions-for-crayon-tinting.html

Susan said...

That's so nice of you to share the basket! I love baskets, and I love Thanksgiving! What a great find!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you Pam for the lovely pattern - can't wait to use it on a CQ piece!

Kris said...

Wow, thanks Pam! I have a few of those old type of transfers around here somewhere... the basket pattern is quite lovely! I really like how the crayon tinting looks in person! that bunny door hanger is wonderful! thanks for the info on how to do it! I only have about 500 crayola crayons left over from the kids using them thru the years to play with, LOL...

Thanks again, Kris

Related Posts with Thumbnails