Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Purple Painted Lady Purse and Crocheted Ric/Rack

I started the stitching on this piece yesterday:

Purple Painted Lady

I had a good couple of hours to stitch on it and as you can see, have most of the seams covered with embroidery. I'm thinking of doing some cast-on stitches to the left of the lady but haven't decided for sure yet. I still find them a little fussy but I really like the way they look!

Susan wanted to see my pieces of crocheted ric/rack. I've been hoarding these, saving them for something special. I paid a pretty penny for them at a flea market a couple of years ago. I don't see crocheted ric/rack very often so when I do, buying them is pretty much a sure thing!

Crocheted RicRack

Quite honestly, I don't care if ever use everything that I have. Some of the enjoyment for me is in having it, esp. beautiful hand-crocheted pieces like this. Sometimes, I just open my lace drawers and pull pieces out just to look at them and admire them. The same goes for my fabric, beads and buttons too! I truly enjoy my stash!

Susan also asked me what my Redwork Cupid will be. You know me, I like making doorknockers so that's what I'll do with him. I'll probably border him with some red piping and maybe a bit of lace. I'll post another photo of him when I get him sewed up.

On another note, hop over to Allison's blog and take a look at her Crazy For Flowers quilt. It's complete now. What a stunning crazyquilt!!!

Ok, I'm off to package up some "charm quilt squares". I got a little carried away the last time I did a sane patchwork quilt and I know I won't be doing another one anytime soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails