Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

I woke up yesterday morning with a bit of a chest cold. Nothing terrible but by the time we got back from running errands, I was tired and didn't have the energy to do much other than stitch and watch movies.

I so much wanted to sew up a new block but instead, pulled one already sewn from my stash:

Pansy Purse

Yes, this will be another purse. I love the colors in this! I plan to stitch on this most of today, once I complete my end of year paperwork and finish up writing the tutorial for the Dryer Sheet Pansies which is coming on Tuesday.

I'm really looking forward to Sharon's "Take A Stitch Tuesday Challenge" project. I have loads of fun ideas and will probably get in sync with what Sharon's doing once things get rolling. Since I needed time to write the tutorial (and make a sample) I thought I would start with the Pansy project as I know I have many readers waiting for that.

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to offer their suggestions on how to clean that beautiful vintage collar that I found at the antique mall. Special thanks to Lynne for doing a bit of research on the store! It didn't occur to me that they might still exist!

I sent a photo over to my mom and she said it can safely be dry cleaned so that's most likely what I'll do. The foundation and backing fabric are satin.

I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. We aren't planning to go anywhere. Instead, we'll make some shrimp cocktail, a Pina Colada and watch television.

2 comments:

allie aller said...

I already love that purse, Pamela!
Your work is the cleanest I have ever seen...everything just stands out so crisply!
Have a snug time at home..I'll be stitching in front of the TV, my laptop by my side..;-)

claudia said...

You know...I had the same idea about a shrimp cocktail for tonight! Great minds think alike!!
I want to thank you so much for sharing your projects. Your beautiful stitching is so inspiring! I love the color of your project you shared today...it is so pretty.
Happy New Year to you and your hubby! I am looking forward to all your new and fun things in the new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails