Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter

I spent yesterday with Mom, trying to help her with a few things for today.  I really don't do all that much for her other than wash dishes and keep the dogs out of her kitchen but she tells me that it helps her a lot.  And we always manage to have a few good laughs too!

I started a new crazy quilt piece last night while watching The Ten Commandments.  I always loved that movie!  It's so melodramatic but very colorful and I love the music!  And the special effects are pretty good considering is was made in the 1950's.

So here is Betsy Ross:

I always hand sew the lace and trim on.  The lace at the top right is antique and the lace underneath Betsy Ross is from a vintage wedding dress.  It the kind of lace that has netting as a foundation so I had to carefully cut the netting away to use the flowers.  This is ready for stitching now.  I may have some stitching time later when we get home from Mom's.

For now, Scott and I going to head out to Grayslake Flea Market and walk around there.  If I find anything interesting, I'll share photos tomorrow.

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter!  Stay away from the jelly beans.  Chocolate is healthier!

5 comments:

Gina E. said...

I don't know who Betsy Ross is, but that block is really beautiful.
The Ten Commandments is one of our favorite movies too, along with Ben Hur (the chariot race is played much more than the rest of the film!). As you said, they were way ahead of their time.
Happy Easter to you and Scott too.

Sandy said...

Happy Easter to you too. Nice start on Betsy.

DVArtist said...

Happy Easter to you.
Niocle/Beadwright

DIAN said...

Betsy Rose looks really sweet. I hope you find something special at the flea market.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Chocolate is one of the good food groups, right? No jelly beans for me - I like to be healthy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails