Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pink Cat

My pink cat crazy quilt hanging pillow is done and ready to be sewn up:

I think I'll spend the afternoon putting my last 3 projects together.  I have several custom orders to do and I like to stay on top of things.

I was asked to do a small purse on a frame so I started on this project last night:

I'll have to pull out one of my books that shows how to actually put the purse on the frame.  I've never done that before.  But first I have to finished stitching this so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I won't be taking on anymore custom orders this year. At the moment I have 4.  I'm going to be focusing on following my own muse, putting some new books together and working on some online classes for Maureen at Maureen's Vintage Acquisitions.  Of course, I'll be making things for the shop because I have to stitch.  It's just what I do.

5 comments:

Marjolein said...

Very beautiful!
Love that glitter and glamour ;)

DVArtist said...

You are so creative. Your talent inspires me.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know how you feel about custom work - it's nice to have the paying job, but sometimes it's hard to find your muse.

Lin Moon said...

Hi Pam,
I have put purses on frames before - it's not as simple as it looks. Someone on the internet advises how to make the purse fit the frame exactly. But if you look at any of the old purses (try eBay or etsy), there is extra fabric at the sides of the purse near the hinges, that "pooches out" and covers the hinges. This makes for a much nicer looking purse. And also might require some planning ahead for the extra fabric. Good luck - I love purses and I'm sure yours will be gorgeous!

Susan said...

I love the idea that you are going to follow your muse! Your work is always beautiful, and I love that block you showed that you are doing as a custom order, but it's always nice to just go where we want to go, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails