Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, January 02, 2009

Sewing Machine Lady Purse Continued.....

But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?

Albert Camus

I have the seams on this design covered now:

Sewing Machine Lady Purse

This scanned a little dark today. Maybe because the sun is out. No complaints on that one! And now that my monster maple tree is down, I have a lot more light in here and in my kitchen!

Anyway, I plan to paint those lace pieces today and start beading on this. Most of the seam treatments are my own charted borders for waste canvas. To learn more about my technique, click here. Working with waste canvas really is an amazing technique for producing perfectly sized and spaced stitches. And as you can see, all sorts of neat borders can be achieved that aren't possible with a freehand method.

I also wanted to share pages 11 & 12 of my 1936 Herrschners Catalog:

1936 Herrschners Catalog Page 11

1936 Herrschners Catalog Page 12

Be sure to click on the images to go to my Flickr site where you see the larger versions. It's fun to look at the prices of these items as they were in 1936!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails