Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Goodies From Galena

We had a lovely day yesterday. We drove to Galena, had lunch and did a bit of shopping. I found a few things that might work nicely on Maxine's quilt.

First, I found the silk flowers and leaves in the Rubber Stamp store:

Silk Flowers

They were on sale and I thought I could sew them onto the quilt and then embellish them with some beads.

Galena also has a fabric store called "Phat 1/4's". Cute name huh? Anyway, we looked in there and I found these Yo-Yo Makers:

Yo Yo Makers

In the past, when I've made Yo-Yo's, I've just used a saucer from my dishes for large Yo-Yo's and the lids from my Tupperware cups for small Yo-Yo's. I thought I'd give these a try and see how they work. Some velvet Yo-Yo's should work nicely on Maxine's quilt.

These are made by the Clover MFG Co. If you would like to visit their website, you can find it here. And this is the direct link to the Yo-Yo makers. It looks like they have several different sizes as well as heart shaped makers and flower shaped makers. Oooh, I would love to have those!

It was a busy weekend and I feel that I need some quiet time so I'll spend the majority of my day working on Maxine's quilt.

Stop by tomorrow to see my progress.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Another trip to Galena! How fun. The weather is beautiful here today, and I hope you had it that nice over the weekend!

Becki said...

Hi Pam, The book you were looking for is available at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Quilts-Penny-McMorris/dp/0525481095

Read about your trip to Galena! I'm a native Galenian now living across the river in Dubuque, IA.

Related Posts with Thumbnails