Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Even More Crazyquilting

First, I would like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who sends me emails and leaves comments for me here & on my Flickr site. I'm very happy to know that I have so many readers who enjoy my blog, my patterns and my photos everyday! Posting to my blog is almost like writing a little magazine article on a daily basis. I enjoy thinking about what to share each day and it's become an important part of my daily routine.

I completed the green santa ornament yesterday. It just needed a few more do-dads:

Christmas 3

I really just added a few snowflakes in the corners and that completed it. I'll be sewing the ornaments up next week.

Once the santa was completed, I started on this pillow for my mom. It's a 10 inch block and doesn't quite fit on the scanner so I'll do the next update with the camera. In the meantime, here's the photo of what I've done so far:

Moms Block

Ok, I didn't get very far on it! I actually had another seam covered but decided I didn't like the way it looked so I pulled it out. And as you can see, the lace piece that I was playing with yesterday has been changed. It didn't quite work with my grandmothers necklace which I have to somehow incorporate into this so I went with rose appliques instead.

You'll get to see the necklace next week sometime. I haven't quite decided on where to put it yet but I think I'll have to somehow weave it in with some silk ribbon embroidery which most of you know by now, is not my favorite needlework technique to do but I love the way it looks.

I find SRE to be rather fussy. It's not supposed to be that way. It's supposed to be a very forgiving technique. Maybe I'm too picky about how mine comes out and I've found that a Laying Tool helps when working with it.

1 comment:

TeresaB said...

I just love the pillow you are working on for your mom. It is looking so elegant.

Related Posts with Thumbnails