Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Taking A Break To Amuse My Readers

I'm in the middle of cleaning the carpeting in my living room. Every year I say, this is the last time I'll have to do this but it always seems like I end up doing it the following year. So I won't say it this time.

I really hate carpeting. In fact, "hate" is not a strong enough word for how I feel about carpeting. I'm a hardwood floor girl. I walk around barefoot all the time and I love how the wood floors feel under my feet!

We've put hardwood in everywhere now except for the living room. That room is going to be a big job. All new windows, new flooring, a new interior door and for some unknown reason, there is a drop ceiling in there. Scary. We've yet to figure out why but judging from the rest of some of the things we've found in this house (built in 1937) I'm sure there's some "pain in the butt and very expensive" reason for it! So we plan to replace that with a real drywall ceiling. And we plan to put it where it belongs! Which is not where it is currently!

So, that's what I'm doing. I'm about 3/4 done but needed to rest my back a minute.

The Red Hat block is completely done now except for the sleeve and my quilt label. I have the machine work done on the Christmas block but still have to hand-sew the binding down on the back and then of course the sleeve and label. They're looking great! And I'm thrilled with how they turned out. I will have photos for you soon.

The reason I don't just take photos and post them as I go along is because I'm out of USB thingy's on the back of this computer. And my printer in here is older so it doesn't have the film card thingy's on it. (Don't you love my techie terms?) Now I know I can get a USB thingy that has lots more USB thingy's on it, but it's much easier for me to just pull out the laptop and the printer that goes with it and transfer my pictures to a CD that way. Ok, so it's not easier really, but that's how I do it. It's actually a bit time consuming so I wait until I have a bunch of pictures on the camera. And you'll all sleep better tonight knowing that information! Ha, ha, ha!

Ok, I hope I've amused you with my sillyness. I'm going to finish up this cleaning project and then relax a bit in my bathtub. I think I'll pull out some of my Quilting Arts magazines and drool over the pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails