Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Little Stitching

I thought for today I would post a photo of a cross stitch piece that I just finished:

This not one of my designs.  I found it on Etsy and loved the colors!!!  Very tedious to stitch and the pattern had no directions for backstitching the eyes so I took it up on myself to do that.

I also didn't care for the symbols that were used on the pattern.  Same symbols used in 2 different directions placed next to each other is confusing.  Esp. with so many color changes. I always use colored pencils to mark off what I've done but several times I threaded my needle with the wrong color.  A least I caught myself and didn't have to do much ripping!

Anyway, the stitched piece is really beautiful.  I plan to make it into a pillow with crazy quilt borders. 

I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that.  I've mentioned before that my space here is quite limited and I'm one of those stitchers/sewers who needs space to really spread out!  I guess I'll get it done when I can buy my own house.

Until then, I'll just keep stitching!

2 comments:

Susan said...

It'll be good to have things stitched to finish in your own house!

Honeybee said...

That's beautiful! I have a design similar to that one, but it's a fox. Really need to get it stitched.

Related Posts with Thumbnails