Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, September 02, 2018

Halloween Crazy Quilt Pillow

It's a little challenging to do crazy quilting where I am at the moment.  I just don't have the space to spread out.  Despite the challenge, I've been wanting to make something happy for my cousin Kim.  She too has had her share of stress these last few years.

Kim loves Halloween so I started out my making a small cross stitch Halloween piece.  The design is by The Prairie Schooler and I think it's from a few years back.  Anyway, I pieced a 9 inch block in happy orange colors and appliqued the cross stitch piece on.

This is the finished block:

I finished this into a pillow and added some hand crocheted trim around the outside of it:

Kim loves this!!!!

I'm looking forward to the day that I have my own place and the space to spread out and do my CQ work comfortably.  For now, I've been doing some small cross stitch projects like this one:

This is not one of my designs.  It's from an early 1990's cross stitch calendar by Leisure Arts.  It's been on my "to do" list for many years.  My plan for this piece is to work some crazy quilt borders for the sides and then sew it into a pillow.  But for now I have to wait. 

I'll just keep on stitching!



5 comments:

Shawkl said...

Gorgeous!

Pam McDonald said...

Wow, I love that pillow!! Beautiful work, thank you for sharing.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know Kim must be really happy with her gift! Have to love that diabolical-looking black cat!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the finished pillow and that little cross stitch piece on it. Now I have to go through my stash like a mad woman and see if I have that leaflet


Lesa, CQForNewbies

Renee said...

I love so many of the details on your Halloween pillow. That spider is amazing! Beautiful work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails