Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Memento Crazy Quilt Block 2

Today, I have Block #2 of my Crazy Memento Quilt:

A few years before my friend Lula passed away, she painted this little Victorian lady for me.  It's on fabric and if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you might be able to see her signature on the bottom right-hand corner of the dress.

Lula had a very unique style, so whimsical and colorful!  If you would like to see more of Lulu's work, her husband has kept her website up.  Click here to go to Wooly Dreams Designs.

In the bottom left-hand corner, there is a blue rose brooch.  I purchased a set of 2 of them from an Etsy shop a few years ago.  I used one of them on a gift for Lula for her birthday one year:

You can find the other one on the bottom right-hand corner of this piece.

I thought it was fitting to use the second brooch along with the painting that Lula made for me.


4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another pretty block Pam. I like the turquoise with the pink colours - they blend so well.

Lin said...

Another gorgeous block Pamela and so lovely to remind you of your friend. xx

Christina said...

Oh wow, that so pretty. Love the pillow.

Anonymous said...

I love how well the broach goes with the painting. It's much smaller than I imagined, in looking at the little piece you did for Lula. What a nice memento that is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails