Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipe

Yesterday was grocery day for the week.  Although for some reason, I'm constantly running to the grocery store for something.  I think I like going there!  When I got back and put everything away, I worked in my yard a little bit and then made a big bowl of Fresh Homemade Salsa:





I never made Salsa before so I kind of just made it up based on things I've seen on Food Network.  Here's my very easy recipe:

Fresh Homemade Salsa

6 Plum Tomatos
1 medium green Bell Pepper
1 medium Red Onion
1 Jalapeno
1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
juice of 2 Limes
4 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Basically, just chop all veggies and toss in a large bowl.  For the Jalapeno, be sure to take the seeds out and trim out the veins.  That's where the heat is.  If you don't like it hot, which I don't, take that out.  Chop the fresh Cilantro and add that to the veggies.  Add the fresh lime juice, vinegar and olive oil.  Toss well, cover and put in fridge over night. 

This is awesome salsa!  We'll be having it tonight with Taco Salad and homemade baked tortilla chips! 

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

OHHHH this looks and sounds sooo good. I am all into home salsa. I keep it in the fridge and eat it as a healthy snack. I also LOVE jalapeno. Nothing like a good smack to the mouth with jalapeno. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

Related Posts with Thumbnails