Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Machine Embroidery Vintage Hankies

I've been collecting vintage hankies for quite a few years now and I love to use them on my crazy quilt projects.  My favorite hankies are the ones with machine embroidery flowers on them.  They're quite easy to find for a dollar or 2 at flea markets and antique shops.

The purple rose on this hanging pillow is from a vintage handkerchief:

I finished embellishing this door hanger yesterday and then last night, I started on one with a pink rose:

I spent all day yesterday sewing.  I put a good couple of miles on my sewing machine, piecing loads of new blocks.  I wish I could sew some more new blocks today but I have other things that need to be done.  I do plan on having a few hours of stitching time later today.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Those hankies are such a nice focal point.

DVArtist said...

These would make beautiful gifts. Love your art
Nicole/Beadwright

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hankies are generally made with such pretty materials too, not just the focal points. The edges are often tatted or crocheted and make such nice touches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails