Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, April 04, 2008

April Take It Further Block - Day 1

I started stitching on this yesterday:

April Take It Further Block

I'm not any too thrilled with it so far. I'm sure some more stitching will help and I'll be painting the lace pieces as well. I didn't want to do that until I had some stitching on it. I just wasn't sure what colors to go with. I actually just pulled some Perle cottons in warm pastel colors thinking that those are the colors of Spring flowers. Stayed tuned to see where this goes.

I also have a bit of show & tell for you today. I made this little cellphone pouch for Kim who's birthday was Wednesday:

Hummingbird Cellphone Pouch

I bought the little hummingbird pin at a flea market last Summer. I've been saving it for a pouch for Kim.

I also made a few cards the other day. Commercial greeting cards are just too mushy and wordy for my tastes. I really prefer to just add a little hand-written note:

Cards 1

I tinted the images myself on my computer and then used some of these on CQ's awhile back.

I also made these:

Cards 2

As you can see, I got a little "artsy" on this set!

If you want to see closeups of anything, just click on the image to go to my Flickr site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your next block sure looks like its going in a different direction. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thank you, again, for my beautiful cell phone pouch! I love it!

Kim

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I like the laces you have chosen - it indeed is making spring out of autumn colors! This block will be quite pretty!

Judy S. said...

Hi Pam,

How do you paint the lace? I've noticed that lace, white at least, seems so starkly white on CQ and have thought it would be great to tone it down with some color. I tried thread but it sounds like you have another solution?

Your TIF block is slowly turning into spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails