Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

News From Kitty & Me

As Sharon would say, grab a cuppa and settle back while I share some updates and news.

First, I met with Maxine yesterday and we re-evaluated what to do with her quilt. She loves what I've done so far. Since she wants to hang it in her shop and make it available for purchase, we have to consider her investment and be sure that it will be profitable for her.

My suggestion to her was that I add a few more large "points of interest" here & there to balance it out and then scatter a few more small floral motifs here & there. She agreed that my idea sounded great so that's what I'll be doing.

I can probably complete it in another week if I focus the majority of my attention on it. This coming week however, I have a huge pattern job to do for Bucilla so I will put Maxine's quilt on hold until the following week when I can really focus on it and get it completed for her.

When I finish this quilt for her, she another one that just needs some repairs. Wait until you see that one! It's absolutely beautiful! And it won't take me too long to repair it as the damage isn't too extensive.

In the meantime, I decided to start a purse project that I can work on in the evenings. You know I need to stitch or I just don't feel good! Anyway, I pulled this block from my drawer of ready to stitch projects:

Breast Cancer Awareness Purse

As you can see, it will be a Breast Cancer Awareness purse. The pink ribbon is one of my own cross stitch designs. I'd like to say a special thank you to Kim, my dear friend and model stitcher who kindly took the time to stitch this up for me.

When I complete this project, I'll be listing it in my Etsy shop and donating a portion of the proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I'll be starting on this project later today.

If anyone is interested in the charted Breast Cancer Ribbon design, you can find it in my Etsy shop.

BC Awareness Ribbon

All proceeds from the charted design will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

If you've been following my blog all week, you know that I've been listing some of my previously discontinued charted designs in my Etsy shop. I've also listed several of the designs that are currently on my main website. They are there for a limited time only. Once they are gone, I will be discontinuing all past designs permanently. I strongly suggest that if there's something you want, to order it now. Again, all designs currently on my main website and in my Etsy shop will be permanently discontinued.

I've decided to drop my main website down to one page only. Since I blog everyday, there's no point in maintaining a regular website. We will eliminate all pages including my complimentary designs. If you're still wanting The Millennium Cats patterns, download them now! What will be there are links to my blog, my Etsy shop and my Flickr site. The web address and my email address will remain the same.

On a final note, my mom has been de-stashing her sewing room again and has asked me if I would sell some of her cross stitch and quilting things for her. Rather than clutter up my Etsy shop with everything, I decided to list her stuff on Ebay:

Sampler And Antique Needlework Magazine

I'll be working on doing that this afternoon. What I don't get listed today, I'll do throughout the week when I have time. If you're interested in seeing what I have, you can search by my username "kitty-and-me" .

Ok, I guess that's the news for now. I doubt I'll have time to post an update on my B/C purse tomorrow. We're going to a flea market in the morning and then to my sister's house in the afternoon for my niece's birthday. I'll have an update for you on Monday and hopefully, will have some cool flea market finds to share with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam,

I'm looking forward to seeing this purse completed!

Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails