Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Midnight Peacock Handbag

I've had so much trouble posting to my blog! Yesterday, Blogger was down for maintenance but today, I just couldn't get it to load in Mozilla no matter what! So I'm trying in Explorer! I hope this works because I really enjoy blogging!

Ok, enough whining for now! I'm sure my readers who have been with me for awhile remember this peacock design:

Blue Peacock Handbag 1

Well, I decided to finish it into a handbag so this is what it looks like now:

Blue Peacock Handbag 2

I'm not sure why, but this took me hours and hours to do the finishing on. I guess I always choose to do things that require alot of handwork. The handle is wire which I wrapped in braided metallic cord (yes, I did the braiding) and then I felt it needed beads so I hand-strung the beads and wrapped them and then I added some twisted cording just because I liked the way it looked.

The fuzzy yarn is hand-worked too. I can only do very simple crochet but couldn't figure out how to crochet with this stuff at all! So, I hand-sewed some braided gimp around the crazyquilt piece, then I attached the fuzzy yarn by weaving it in and out of the loops on the gimp. It took a long time but I love the way it looks! It's so pretty and very sparkly!

I've listed this in my shop. I know many of you liked this piece so maybe someone would like to have it.

I plan to do the finishing on the Rose Garden Peacock and the Autumn Peacock next week sometime.

For this afternoon though, I think I'll go park myself in the middle of my sofa and stitch on my mom's Christmas gift. I did work on it a bit last night but didn't get very far. Had to stop several times for laundry and dinner. Too bad we have to eat! I'd always rather be stitching!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails