Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Flea Market Find


Trim
Originally uploaded by Kitty And Me.
My husband and I braved the 50 mile per hour winds here today and went to a Flea Market & Antique Show. Thankfully, most of it was indoors!

I didn't find any transfers, but I hit the lace and trim jackpot!

I visited one of my favorite dealers. She usually has some vintage laces and trims, vintage clothing, linens and so on. When she saw me, she asked what I was looking for today so I told her I was mostly looking for lace and trims. She pulled a shopping bag out from under her table and she said I could go through it and pull out whatever I wanted.

It was packed to the top with all sorts of neat lace and trims so I asked her what she wanted for the whole bag.

Are you sitting down? She only wanted $15.00! Naturally, I couldn't pass that by! I gave her the money and went on my merry way.

When I got home, I was blown away by all the wonderful things. Not only was it filled with vintage lace and trims but also, some embroidered tablerunners, some doilies, some placemats and other wonderful vintage things. Not all in perfect condition, but all usable in one way or another.

It's going to take me forever to wash and press everything.

My favorite in the bag is this piece of trim in dusty colors. It looks like a rose to me and there are 3 of them repeated but it doesn't all fit on the scanner.

I will definately be using this on something special!

2 comments:

Julia said...

What a great fles market shopping day you had!
and what fun it must have been to go through all the goodies in the bag.
I love the lace trim!

Gina E. said...

That makes a 50 mile trip worthwhile! Hey Pam, have you used any of the bits that I sent you yet? I have been looking at your CQs but don't recognise any of the trims. Mind you, I forget what I sent now, anyway! I have been using one of the metallic threads you sent me, on my Age Doesn't Matter sampler. The word Cabernet is in bigger letters than the rest, so I am using one strand of pink metallic with one strand of wine colored DMC to do the back stitching. It looks great -adds a nice 'sparkling wine' effect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails