Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Crazy Trinket Quilt

A few years back, I started a crazy quilt using the little things I've collected my entire life.  Things from my childhood, things that belonged to my grandmothers, little flea market things like vintage jewelry and so on.

I thought I'd take a short break from my McHenry Landmark quilt and work on the Trinket quilt.  I had 2 blocks sewn up from before I had to leave my other house so I pulled them out and this is the first one:


The horse is a pin that belonged to my grandma.  She loved horses and was a rider when she was young.

The pin is wood.  I pinned it onto the block and then anchored the pin-back to the fabric on the back side.

I think I have 38 blocks so far and all are 6 inches square.  The only requirement for this quilt is that all the blocks will be pieced in pastel colors.

I still have a lot of do-dads to use so this is an ongoing project.  There will probably be at least 100 blocks all together.

Here's every block that I've done so far:


 If you click on the photo, you can see a larger version.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be a wonderful quilt Pam and such a memory. Keep safe, Hugs Gill.x

diamondc said...

Pamela: I hope this post comes through, I am having trouble posting comments.
I love the addition of the horse head so adorable.

Catherine

Светлана из Харькова said...

Очень красивые крейзи-блоки!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails