Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Crazy Quilt Christmas Purse

I just spent a couple of hours putting together my most recent purse and cellphone pouch.  All I have left to do on them is the hand finishing. 

In the meantime, I started stitching on a Crazy Quilt Christmas Purse:

The top piece with the poinsettia is a piece of a vintage hankie that I bought at a flea market earlier this Summer.  The lace piece on the left is antique, the tatted piece is vintage and so is the lace on the right.  Antique and vintage lace seemed rather appropriate considering the vintage hankie I used!

It didn't look like I did much stitching on this yet but I did.  The pine branches on the hankie are all highlighted with thread.  If you look closely at the photo, the stitching kind makes them pop!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

It looks beautiful to me. It's funny but this morning I was thinking that I want to make a crazy quilt purse

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There must be something in the air about red flowers because my next project has them too. Not poinsettas, but definitely red.

Related Posts with Thumbnails