Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Silk Ribbon Embroidery Easy Rose Tutorial

For anyone who struggles with Silk Ribbon Embroidery roses, here is a very easy version that only requires 2 stitches.  First, the Japanese Ribbon Stitch and second a French Knot.

I used 7 MM ribbon in my example.  To make a Japanese ribbon stitch, bring your ribbon up through your fabric:

Next, put your needle back down into the fabric but pierce your ribbon so you're going through the ribbon and the fabric:

Pull your ribbon to the back of the fabric but be sure to keep the ribbon loose.  That's the key to Silk Ribbon Embroidery:

You'll need to do 4 of these next to each other:

This makes the base of the rose.  Next, add a single French Knot:

And that's all there is to it!

They make pretty roses on hanging vines as you can see in my example:

And here's the block that I'm working on:

I couldn't help myself, I had to add pink to this block!  I expect to have it finished up later today or tomorrow.








6 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Super tutorial! Your block is going to be very pretty and very romantic.

Bren said...

You make it sound so easy. I will be taking a class in SRE soon and hope to be able to use this. Thanks for sharing.

Shawkl said...

That's a great rose Pam, and I'm going to remember this little tutorial. I'll need a laying tool (usually the handle of my crochet hook) to work my loops over, so that they stay about the same size.

Super tute!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

That looks easy enough, even for me! I'm going to try it on my Comfort and Joy block that needs a garden out front. Thank you for sharing!

margaret said...

thank you for this tutorial, I have made a note to have a go!

Debbie S. said...

Thank you for sharing how you make roses. I have never seen them made that way but will be adding them to my stitching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails