Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Toffee Squares - Cookie Recipe

For today, I wanted to share my absolute favorite Christmas Cookie recipe.  My mom has been making these cookies since I was little.  Not only are these my favorite, but they're my aunts favorite of mom's cookies as well.
TOFFEE SQUARES

1 cup Butter
1 Egg Yolk
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts
1 cup Brown Sugar packed (dark brown sugar is best)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 - 6 ounce package of Chocolate Chips melted

Cream butter and sugar.  Blend in egg yolk and vanilla.  Add flour and mix well.  Spread in greased 15 X 10 inch jelly roll pan.  Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and immediately spread with melted chocolate and nuts.  Cut into 24 squares.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kim B said...

Those look and sound sooooooooo good.

Arlene Delloro said...

I love these cookies, too, and have a former teacher in my school who sends me a tin every year.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh, these look SO yummy! And not a calorie to them...right?

Debbie said...

I made them and ohhhh my they are so good, Thanks for the share

Rose Silver said...

This is a nice Christmas gift for everybody. It looks presentable and so easy to make. I'll definitely try this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails