Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy 4th Of July!!!

Good Morning everyone!  Happy 4th of July!  I made cupcakes:

4th Cupcakes!

I confess, I used a box cake to make these.  I had a bunch of things I wanted to do so I thought a box cake would save me a little time.  I should have read the label though. There's corn starch and corn syrup in it!  Bad, bad, bad!!!  Esp. for ADD people.  Too much corn aggravates the symptoms of ADD so Scott and I try to avoid it as much as possible.  I'll go back to making my cupcakes from scratch!  They are pretty though, aren't they?  Very festive!  I made them to take to my parents house and my neighbors.  I actually made a double recipe.  I did make the cream cheese frosting from scratch!

I'll keep this post short today as I know everyone is out and about and celebrating the holiday.  I thought you would enjoy seeing my completed Peacock purse block:

Peacock Crazy quilt Purse Block

I will have a tutorial ready for you in another day or so in case you want to make my peacock.  I've done quite a few of these peacocks in the past few years and they really are a great addition to traditional crazy quilting.  The Victorians loved peacocks!!!

Well, as I said, I will keep this post short.  Thank you to everyone who left comments for me on my Pink Saturday post!  I like to reply to everyone's comments but sometimes, I don't have an email address to reply to.  I always feel a little bad when I can't thank each and every commenter personally.  Please know that I just love comments and feedback!!!

Have a very happy and safe 4th of July holiday!  Mom is making homemade pizza today and homemade Cherry Pie!!!  YUM!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam this is beautiful would love to learn how to stitch a peacock,also your little pursues are so gorgeous do you have a tuturiol on these as well. As always many thanks for such encouraging eye candy. Linda

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Happy 4th of July to you Pam. Hope you're having a good time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails