Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Valentines

As I mentioned last week, I'm working on a few little Valentine gifts. I finished up this little cat over the weekend:

Red Cat

I decided to stitch this all in Ecru and then embellished with red & gold. I may make a cat for my mom too. She's more of a dog person, but she likes these little cat dolls.

My next Valentine is a cellphone pouch:

Valentine Cellphone Pouch

I'll start on this later today.

I've often been asked how I get so much stitching done. Honestly, I make it a priority. Just like with cleaning and laundry, I make the time to stitch. I also make time to read and sew. It has to be a scheduled event. Many people don't set aside time for themselves. They take care of chores, kids, meals and errands but when it comes to themselves, they put it off. I don't do that. Yes, there are days that don't quite work out to my scheduled plan, but for the most part, the reason I get so much stitching time in is because I schedule it.

If you're having trouble getting some stitching time, set aside just 20 minutes today to start with. Find a quiet place, take your things and insist on having that 20 minutes of peace and quiet to yourself. If the TV has to babysit for that 20 minutes, then so be it! The world will not stop turning if you take a little time for yourself. My philosophy is this: if we don't take care of ourselves, we're no good to anyone else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are charming. I was hoping you would add gold to this red one instead of just white.
Karen B.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I LOVE how your Valentine Kitty turned out. The gold accents work really well!

Looking forward to seeing progress pics on the cell phone pouch.

Kim

sossy said...

I absolutely agree with taking time for yourself. I try to hand sew/quilt every day, especially if I am watching a tv show. I keep baskets of projects in every room and always travel with something just in case I might get the chance to work on it. I also try to get on my sewing maching every couple days. I find I am much less stressed and much happier when I get some sewing time!

allie aller said...

8 a.m. to 12 p.m. every day....keeps me sane!

Anonymous said...

I love you CQ cats. In fact, as I waited for the comments page to open I, like KarenB, was going to say that "your cats are charming". They are also an inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails