Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, December 27, 2021

The McHenry Crazy Quilt Block 29

I pulled out the crazy quilt that I've been working on for a few years featuring the landmarks of McHenry Illinois where I live.  I still have a few blocks to go but this is the old Iron Bridge over the Fox River.  It was built in 1881 and replaced with concrete bridge in 1976:


The colors are brighter than they look here.  I need to get a new digital camera so for now, I'm just using the camera on my cellphone.

Here's the entire quilt so far:

Click on the photos to enlarge the images.

This quilt is pieced entirely by hand on a cotton foundation.  A lace is either vintage or antique.  Each block has a spider and spider web on it.  The spiders are made from vintage Mother Of Pearl buttons.

The next block is our Brewery.  I'll post a photo when it's complete.


1 comment:

Judy S. said...

What a cool idea! Sounds like McHenry has lots of landmarks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails