Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, December 23, 2016

McHenry Crazy Quilt Block 3 The Train Depot

I haven't been sleeping well lately so I find myself getting up at 2 am and stitching.  I get a lot of stitching done in the early morning hours!  Here's where I am on Block #3 of my McHenry Crazy Quilt:

I still have a few things to add like the spider and the text.  Remember, this is a traditional Victorian style crazy quilt, not the heavily embellished blocks that I usually do.

I did over stitch the large piece of Victorian lace in the bottom right-hand corner:

I didn't want to cover up the lace but I wanted to add some color using thread rather than hand-dying it.

I'll post the completed block in my next update.


2 comments:

Becca said...

Good morning Pam, I have been following your blog for a long time and don't know how I missed that you are from McHenry. I was just there visiting my uncle, a 70+ years resident. I have so many fond memories of time spent with my father's family on Meadow Lane. Your blocks are very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Becca, oh my goodness! Meadow is just a couple of blocks from me. I live on the west side of McCullom Lake right off of Ringwood Rd! Wow! I'm so glad you're enjoying my McHenry blocks. I'll try to post another one today. Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails