Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Broiderie Perse Piece Finished

I have been stitching away on this little Broiderie Perse purse!  LOL!!  Yes, this will be a purse.

Here's a little something I wanted to point out:

I thought this piece of lace was a little boring looking.  It just didn't show up on the block.  I didn't want to take it off to hand paint it so, since I had my Rayon threads out, I decided to embroider it:


I satin stitched the little circles and then stem stitched the leaves.  This really defined the lace.  I went on to add some beads to it and them silk ribbon embroidery.

This is the finished stitched piece:

I have the frame to put it on so I'll get this sewn up either over the weekend or the first part of next week and I'll post another photo of it.

My next piece, which I'll start stitching on this afternoon is this:

As you can see, there will be a little bit of Broiderie Perse applique on this.  I was asked about the pink Shibori ribbon on the purse so I will be writing up a tutorial about working with Shibori ribbon when get to that point on this block.

If you want to see closeups of these photos, just click on them.

I'm going to leave you today with a YouTube video.  This is Marie Osmond singing Nessun Dorma from the opera Madam Butterfly.  My grandmother loved Madam Butterfly so it makes me think of her.  And I don't know about anyone else, but I think Marie Osmond does a beautiful rendition.


Correction Edit:  This piece is from Puccini's opera Turandot.  My grandmother always said it was Madam Butterfly.  Thank you to Catherine for correcting my error.  I'm well versed in Classical music but not opera.  I should have double checked it.  Still, it reminds me of my grandma who loved this piece!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great job Pam! Have enjoyed watching the journey.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I wondered what that pink piece was. I'm glad someone asked. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's used.

WOW!!! I didn't know Marie could sing like that...thank you for sharing :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Pam. Thank you for this excellent tutorial. I have waited til the end to comment. I have appliqued extensively over the years that it was popular in the wearable art and haven't done it since. I never thought of using it in crazy quilt and am so glad that you showed me how beautiful it can be added to a block.

The piece that you chose for the cover of the Spring 2015 issue of CQQ is a perfect example of different techniques that can be used and is extremely inspiring to a CQ beginner.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, skill and love of CQ.
xx, Carol

PS: Do you think we will be thawed by Opening Day..NOT lol

Pam McDonald said...

That is so beautiful, thank you for posting it!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - if I hadn't actually seen Marie singing that I would never have guessed! What an incredible voice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails