Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More On Our Color and Composition Lessons

Just wanted to update everyone a bit on our Color and Composition Lessons.  I've put a ton of thought into this and I think the idea of making a 25 block quilt will be a lot of fun and a great way to learn how to work with these concepts that seem to elude many stitchers.

If I may reiterate, you will learn how to work with color and composition through the repetition of doing it and working with my guidelines.  You will also learn some cool techniques as you go along!  And of course, there will be lots of helpful hints and time savers.

I was asked if there will be a supply list.  Yes, I am working on a general supply list and I will post that in the next day or so.  These items will be necessary things for the overall project.  Then, there will be a supply list per block.  Specific things that will be needed for that project.


 I do encourage you all to work from your stash rather than buying a ton of new stuff.  Although I would never discourage anyone from buying new stash either!  I'm a firm believer in stash addiction addition!  LOL!!!


Honestly, if your budget is limited, you might have to get creative....and that's what this is all about!  These lessons will spark your imagination and encourage your creativity. 

There is a tab at the top of my blog called Crazy Quilt Color & Composition Lessons.  News and information regarding this project will be posted there so for those of you who are working the lessons, you can find the information as needed.

Again, you can do as many or as few as you choose to but the more lessons you do, the better you'll get at working color and composition.  If you do all 25 lessons, you'll have enough blocks at the end of the project to make a beautiful crazy quilt!  I myself will be putting my 25 blocks together into a wall quilt as well.

Please start spreading the word about this.  The more stitchers we have, the more fun this will be and the more inspiration we'll all have.








1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This sounds like such fun Pam and how I wish I could squeeze out the time to play along. Maybe I will do a few of them later on if I can get my act together and get some of my other projects done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails