Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Goddess Of The Sea Brooches

A quick post to share a few things with you.  First, my beautiful Lucy:

Lucy

Isn't she a beauty?  She was laying in my garden window all happy, happy and purring away!  Can I be a cat in my next life and live with someone like me?  LOL!

I also wanted to share my Goddess Of The Sea Brooches with you:

Goddess Of The Seas Brooches

The sweet little faces are made of polymer clay.  I added 18 k gold flakes to the clay before molding them!  Gives them such a fun look!  Anyway, I did some crocheting with fuzzy yarn to go around the faces and then I beaded them with beads, sequins, tiny seashells and tiny fish.  A really fun project!  They can be found in my Etsy shop.

And speaking of the shop, I have had so many requests for more of Kathi's pink kitty earrings that I asked her if she would make more.  She just ordered the kitty's and she will indeed make more. I'll post here when I have them available in the shop.

I'd like to thank everyone who left such sweet comments for me on Bubba's Model A.  I am so proud of him and the work he's done on that car.  If you could see what he started with, you would never believe that it's running now!  I'm going to ask him if he'll dig out his "before" photos for me so I can post them here.  

In other news, I'm feeling a bit of some withdrawal symptoms from the drop in medication dosage.  It's rather unpleasant but heaven knows I've been through worse!  My brain feels really mushy.  Of course, I've had that all along but maybe I'm noticing it more now.  I cut my finger pretty good last night while making salad.  I wasn't paying attention I guess.  Anyway, I didn't realize what I did right away and then when I did realize, I almost passed out.  Since when does that happen?  I'm a crafter!  I get cut and scrapped all the time!  I could barely make it from the kitchen to the sofa.  I wanted my husband but he was outside.  A few minutes later, he came in and fixed it up for me.  I felt so stupid!  I can usually handle that stuff on my own but not this time.  Boy, will I be glad when this crazy experience is behind me!

Finally for today, I thought it would be fun to announce that starting on July 1st, I will be hosting a "Guest Blogger" twice a month.  On the 1st and on the 15th.  I am so looking forward to sharing some of my favorite bloggers with you.  There are so many wonderful and talented ladies out there and I'm hoping you enjoy them and that you will become regular visitors of their blogs!

That's it for now folks.  I will posting Part 2 of my Art Quilting 101 Tutorial in just a bit.  I want that to be in a separate post.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I hope you're feeling back to normal soon Pam, and your cat is gorgeous! I love her color. Look forward to your guest blogs also, I'm always surfing through, that's how I came upon yours!

Gina E. said...

Lucy is gorgeous! Let's both come back as cats in our next life, and find a good Owner that we can share - ha ha!
Hey, you be careful with knives, my dear. I know how easy it is to lose concentration just for a second, and cut myself..

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think Lucy is a goddess! I have a weakness for grey kitties. Hope your finger is feeling better and that so are you. Looking forward to the guest blogger posts - should be a fun way to discover new blogs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails