Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Crazy Quilts By Cindy Brick

Scott and I made our weekly stop at Borders bookstore on Sunday and I found a new book on my favorite subject:

Crazy Quilts By Cindy Brick

Crazy Quilts By Cindy Brick is a wonderful reference tool if you're interested in the history of crazy quilting. It is well researched, well organized and well written. This book fills in the (unnoticeable) blanks found (rather, not found) in other books on the history of crazy quilting. Basically, there is more information here than in other CQ reference books.

There are many beautiful color photos of antique (and new) crazy quilts in this book, ones not seen in other books on the subject.

If you're interested in the history of crazy quilting, this is a great book for your collection.

Cindy also covers basic techniques for making a CQ but if technique is what you're interested in, I recommend The Magic Of Crazy Quilting by J. Marsha Michler.

Cindy's book is an absolute must have if history is your cup of tea! If you would like to visit Cindy's website, you can find it here.

And speaking of crazy quilting, here is my pink & black block:

Button Block 15

I'm going to go park myself in front of my Cubs game shortly and do the beading on it. I expect to finish this one up today and then I'll start my April Take It Further Challenge block.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Pam,

Each block is so pretty! What are the shiny things in the lower part of the pink block? They look really nice!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pam, for mentioning my book! It's got more than a decade of research jammed into it...and a little bit of my heart, too.
I'm so glad you liked it.

Best wishes,
Cindy Brick

Related Posts with Thumbnails