Wednesday, October 07, 2026

New Website Coming Soon

Well, I have decided to set up my own website.  I haven't started yet but after Etsy removed my America 250 Sampler pattern claiming I violated an Intellectual Property law based on a "supposed" complaint from the official government America 250 Committee, I have reached my breaking point with them.

Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs
If I want to fight this, I have to contact the Committee.  Ya, wish me luck on that one!  I'm not allowed to discuss it in the Etsy Forums (not that I ever hang out there) or they'll disable my shop, and still up for consideration is the removal of my Star Seller status.  If they do, their algorithms will completely ignore my listings.

And we all know that they are using bots to do this s**t, not real people.   

And never mind all the AI garbage patterns that Etsy allows on their site.  Yes, be sure if you order any patterns on Etsy that you are ordering from a reputable cross stitch designer and not some one using AI to make "so called" patterns.  They're pretty easy to spot if you look closely.

I've been with Etsy since the beginning and little by little, they have taken over completely running the show instead of letting me run my shop.

Trying to get thru their algorithms is a nightmare.  They're fees have gone through the roof.  And their smug attitude is too much to tolerate at this point in my life.  I'm going to be 65 years old on Christmas Eve.  I'm done taking crap from anyone!

And I'm not the only one.  Other designers have had their Semiquincentennial designs removed as well. 

So, I will be setting up my own website.  It'll be a warm, friendly site that suits my love of cross stitch and crafts.  And it won't be Patreon.  I'll be using Shopify.  I can do Stitch-Alongs there and a Pattern Of The Month Club.

In the long run, it will save me some money, some time and energy and a lot of aggravation! 

I won't be shutting down my Etsy site anytime soon.  I'll do that down the road once I know the new website is established so for now, feel free to shop there.  It'll take me a little while to get things set up.  I've been doing this a long time and have a lot of patterns to post. 

In the meantime, if you're still wanting to stitch my America 250 Sampler, you can order it from me directly via my email.   

That's it for my rant! 

No comments:

Add This To

Related Posts with Thumbnails