Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2023

The McHenry Landmark Crazy Quilt Final Block

 The final block of the McHenry Landmark Crazy Quilt! I just finished this yesterday.

Started in 2017, this is a traditional Victorian style Crazy Quilt pieced and embroidered entirely by hand on a cotton foundation fabric.
 
Each of the 30 blocks featuring a McHenry Landmark is 9 inches square. All lace is either vintage or antique. I used vintage Mother Of Pearl buttons to make the little spiders. The Victorians loved spiders, so each block has a spider and spiderweb.
 
The next step of the process is to assemble it. I will do this on my sewing machine! It will have a 3 inch border around the outside and a sleeve on the back for hanging.
 
When it's entirely complete, I will be doing a presentation on this project for the McHenry Landmark Commission and The McHenry Area Historical Society. I expect this will event will be in the Fall of this year.
 
I'll post photos of the assembly process when I get to that. I need to do some calculating and pick up the supplies for finishing it.
 
Here are all 30 blocks "Photoshopped" together:
 
If you click on the photo, you can enlarge it to see it better.
 
I'll be rearranging the blocks for visual balance.

 

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You're creating a piece of art!

Related Posts with Thumbnails