Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

The Never Ending Sampler - Upcoming Panel 7

We're almost done with Panel 6 of The Never Ending Sampler.  There will be one more band which will be released next week.

I'll give everyone a little time to get caught up on the previous panels but I thought I'd share my ideas for Panel 7.

I'm trying to make these all different.  I don't want anyone getting bored!!  So for Panel 7, I will be working the design as a more traditional, antique style sampler.  I always call them "schoolgirl samplers".  Traditional sampler motifs along with an alphabet and probably a phrase regarding needlework.  I already have one in mind!

The size will remain the same:

Each panel is approx. 6 inches wide X 18 inches long when finished.
That's the stitched area on 14 count Aida or 28 count Evenweave over 2 fabric threads.
You'll want your fabric panels to be 12 inches wide x 24 inches long.
That will give you 3 inches on each side for framing.

To give this design an antique look, I'm recommending a natural color for fabric.  Perhaps something with an over-dyed look so it has the feel of age.  A tan, light brown or parchment color will give you that look.

You can work on 28 count Cashel Linen, Lugana or tradition linen over 2 fabric threads.  Or you can work on 14 count Aida.  The choice is yours.  I don't want to recommend a specific fabric color because I want these designs to be yours.  I want you to choose the color you stitch on.  Depending on the fabric color, you can make it look really old, primitive!  Or, it can be more subtle.

Also, I will be using Sampler Threads by The Gentle Art, again to give this design the feel of being old!
I will also give you the DMC conversions in case you don't want to invest in the Sampler Threads.  I love them and I love stitching with them.  They're over-dyed and have a subtle shaded look to them which in turn, will give your sampler more of an aged look. 

Click here to see at the wonderful colors in The Sampler Threads line.  Most needlework retail stores stock them.  But again, I'll give you the DMC conversions as well.

Also, I will post the thread list in advance.  I'll get my list together sometime next week and post them so you can get your supplies together.

So start thinking about your fabric color for Panel 7.  Again, I'll get the final band of Panel 6 posted early next week!!

Also, as a reminder for crazy quilters, many of these bands can be used for seam treatments!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails