Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Thursday, November 07, 2019

The McHenry Historical Crazy Quilt Block 19

This not a great photo but I've complete block #19 of my McHenry Historical Crazy Quilt:

I finished it yesterday and it was rather cloudy and dreary so the colors are a bit off.



This is the Methodist church on Main and Center St. in McHenry, Illinois.  The original Methodist church was on Elm St. This is the 2nd church. It was built in 1859.

I couldn't locate a vintage photo of it so I grabbed a screenshot from Google Earth and "oldened" it in Photoshop.  It took me awhile to age the photo.  There are electric lines running through the photo so I took all those out.  Then I added a sepia filter to it and then faded it out a bit and then made it look slightly water-stained.  I think the results are pretty good!

The photos are printed on fabric sheets that I run through my inkjet printer.

This is a traditional Victorian style Crazy Quilt pieced and stitched entirely by hand. The purpose is to document the early history of McHenry Illinois.

When I assemble it, I will be doing it on the sewing machine.

I'm using traditional Victorian era style fabrics and colors. All lace is antique or vintage.
 
I've decided, now that I'm on the board of the McHenry Area Historical Society, to use this quilt for events to help the society.

Next block - The Samantha Buttons House.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails