Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

McHenry Illinois Historical Crazy Quilt Block #5

I'm moving right along on my McHenry Illinois Crazy Quilt.  If you're new to my blog, I started this project to take my mind off of worrying about my husband who's being treated for cancer.  And for worrying about how I'm going to pay all the bills on my income.

This is block #5:

The building is the North Western Hotel.  It was built in 1901 and sits right next to the Train Depot. 

Here's a screenshot of it now.  I grabbed this off of Google Earth.  In was in the process of being repainted:


It's called, "Apartments" now but it's really public housing.  At least it's well kept and maintained in it's original era style.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I wish I could go back in time for just a day and walk around my little town and see what it was like back then.   Thankfully we have old photos!

Here's a couple of close up photos of the stitching:


I have some more stitching to do on this and then I'll post another photo.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That building is holding up beautifully! Hard to believe it's public housing. I wouldn't mind living in it myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails