Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Crazy Memento Quilt Block #9

Growing up, I was so very fond of my cousin Kim's paternal grandmother.  She was always so happy to have us kids around.  I remember she made awesome refrigerator pickles which I loved!  She also measured us kids on the wall in her kitchen to see how tall we were all getting.


Block #9 of my crazy memory quilt is devoted to my cousin's grandmother:

Grandma loved African Violets so I knew I had to use some violets on this block.  These are velvet and they were given to me by friend Lula as were the velvet leaves.

When Grandma passed away, I asked Kim if she had a little something of her grandmother's that I could have to remember her by.  Kim gave me the brooch that Grandma wore on her coat.  Here's a photo of Kim's grandparents:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails