Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Button Flowers

I apologize for not posting yesterday. My in-laws were here for the weekend so we were out the door early yesterday morning and didn't get back until late afternoon. Then Scott and I went out again to pick up a few things from town.

Anyway, I finished the beading on my Button Flowers project:

Button Flowers

First, I cut a piece of denim from my pile of old jeans and then added a piece of flat lace to top of that, tacking it down along the edges. I then cut out my stitched piece leaving a 1/4 inch extra and hand appliquéd that down using the needle-turn technique.

Once that was done, I cut a small opening in the back, through the denim and the lace, stuffed a bit of poly fiberfill in there and whip stitched the opening closed. This really added alot of dimension to it!

After that, I sewed on a piece of gold sequin trim and then little by little, added flower beads and leaves.

Finally, I added some gold bugle beads and the butterfly charm.

My intention at the moment is to make this into a cellphone pouch. That of course can change depending on what other inspiration comes to me between now and getting in some finishing time on my sewing machine.

For now, I have design work to do. A lot of it! But stop by tomorrow because I desperately need to stitch. So The Mozart Journey will begin later today!

If you're interested in trying the needle-turn method of appliqué, but have no clue on what to do, you can find good directions here.

2 comments:

JK said...

I have never seen anything like this, and it is gorgeous! I wonder how big it is? 3mm? Beautiful, simply beautiful!

shanna said...

I love the idea of using old denim for the background to this piece. Your crazy quilting is such an inspiration to me. I am just getting started in this media. I am working on making felt cupcakes and making one crazy quilt style! please visit with me @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com. I have been sharing your beautiful work with my friends and facebook companions. I just love what you do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails