Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Monday, December 12, 2016

McHenry Illinois Crazy Quilt

The other day, I talked about starting a new project using historical photos from my area.  I wanted to work it in the traditional Victorian style. 

The first thing I did was to secure the photo in the center.  I just used a little bit of fusible web to hold it in place.  Then, I hand pieced this block using needle turn applique which is quite easy to do.

I choose fabrics there were Victorian in color and type, or at least to the best of my ability using only what I have in my stash.  And then I started stitching:

The lace pieces are antique, not vintage.  My focus is on embroidery not embellishments.  The only other embellishments I might use are some of my vintage Mother Of Pearl Buttons.

The image in the photo is the church that Scott and I were married in, St. Mary's Of The Assumption Catholic church.   If you scroll down a little bit, you can ready the story about the St. Mary's.

I'll add some more stitching to this today and keep you updated on my progress.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails