Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Sunday, December 06, 2015

A Few Handmade Gifts

In between my family history hunting, I made a few little gifts for Christmas.  I just finished these up yesterday:





It's been awhile since I did any cross stitch and I thought a few little simple projects would be fun!  For the bottom two, I hand dyed my own fabric.  All of the trims are hand crocheted.  These were fun to do so I may do a couple of cross stitch ornaments for Valentines Day.

On the genealogy front, I'm stuck!!!  It seems that all the "stuckness" revolves around my great grandmother.  I have my father in law's family all the way back to 1500's England but I can't find my great grandmother's birth certificate, death certificate or burial place to save my life!  I know where she died, what she died from and when she died.  I know when she was born and according to the 1900 and 1910 census, she was born in Michigan.  But nothing is written in stone until I have a vital document so the search continues!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love seeing your cross stitch! It's like your roots. I'm in the midst of stitching one of your snowmen designs from an old issue of JCS. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to see those designs work up with your signature contouring skills!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's fun to see you doing some cross stitch designs - I guess we need a break sometimes from crazy quilting, although I seem to manage to combine the two a lot now. I too spent far too much time putzing about with family history today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails